Friday, August 3, 2012

We are adopted as his sons and daughters

Well, it's about 9:30, and we are getting ready to head to Atlanta in just a few hours to catch my morning flight. I am both excited and nervous, but I am ready to serve the Lord and see what He has in store. I have to remember that. I have to remember that I am serving the LORD. Whether or not I see the results I desire doesn't matter. The sweet lady I have been living with reassured me that everything is going to be alright; I have obeyed and that's all I have been asked to do. Her and her daughter who is a very close friend, prayed over me before I left their house today. I am so thankful for that. I am so thankful for all of the prayers that are being sent up on my behalf. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I literally can feel it!

This past week has been crazy. I have been in shock probably up until this morning. I was studying for my math final with a friend before the test and I just lost it. It all started to flood onto me at once. She prayed over me and I am so thankful for her.

I don't think I would be as "scared" if it weren't for the fact that I am traveling alone and will stay the first night alone in a hotel in Cambodia by myself. That's the part that I get nervous about. I know that the spiritual battle is not over. It is just beginning, and I am very aware that I am going to experience some things that are not so pleasant. A close, older, female friend from my church, and one who I'd consider a mentor, has constantly been praying the armor of God over me from Ephesians. I know that this is so important because I know that I am going into battle. I know that things are going to change very drastically when I return. I don't know why or how, but I just know they will. I have been given a warning, yet also been given much, much peace.

Some other missionaries about my age that I have talked to who have been to the orphanage have told me that there is quite a present of evil in Cambodia. I know that the Lord has been preparing me for what I will encounter. It makes me nervous thinking about it. I have been given a sense of urgency when I think about what lies ahead for me this month in Cambodia. I can't help but think about all of lost people who bow down to false gods. I just want to take them and hold them and tell them how much Jesus loves them! I want to tell them that their idols are nothing but demons! I want to tell them that there is freedom in Christ Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith! Our Redeemer, Father, Comforter and Protector!

I can't wait to see all of the beautiful faces of the children at AGHO! I feel like I already know them! I can't wait to play with them and teach them about Jesus and help them with their school work and tell them how much Jesus loves them! I want to tell them how they have been adopted by Holy God our Father and that when we are Christians, we are all adopted as sons and daughters!

As I drove to my home town today, I couldn't help but think about these children. Tears just streamed down my face at the thought of what they have probably had to go through and have seen in their lives. There is such a sense of grief in this country. Pretty much anyone who is alive today has a relative who was affected by the recent genocide. Ream, the orphanage Mom has many experiences with this in her own family.

Cambodia needs restoration and healing! Please pray for this lost nation! I also ask that you would pray for me as I travel by myself this weekend. Please pray that the Lord would protect me, and that everything will go smoothly. As always, please pray for the children, Kit and Ream, and the other young women who I will be joining once I get there- Jessica, Alissa, and Ginny. Also, please pray that some of the people I encounter while I am by myself would know English haha.

No turning back,

Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment