Monday, July 23, 2012

Thankfulness

I am glad keeping up with a blog isn't like caring for a plant, because if it was, mine would be dead already. All the business is worth it though when you're getting somewhere.

These past two weekends with both fundraisers I have raised an additional $900.00! I am literally shocked! I have just been feeling so blessed and filled with thanksgiving lately. I feel so undeserving of all of this blessing! Oh, how we are all so undeserving of such any blessing, especially the blessing of salvation.

The Lord has truly put conviction on my heart about this the past week or so. Why am I now so thankful? Is it just because I am receiving these blessings? Am I loving the gifts and not the Giver? I have been thinking to myself, Laura, you should be filled with such a sense of overwhelming thankfulness at ALL times! How dare you all of the sudden be thankful to your Mighty God only when things are being given to you! I should feel this thankful everyday of my life for just waking up and being able to breathe! I should be so overwhelmed with thankfulness because of my salvation alone! The fact that God even gave a second thought of me is worth being thankful for in itself. But, not only does my God know me before I was even in my mother's womb, but He chose me before the foundation of the world to be a part of His kingdom and purpose! God sent His son to die a cursed death on a tree, all because of His mercy, and He did this so that we could access to His great holiness and be with Him one day! He did this for all of His creation! He did this for me! How dare I ever be anything less than thankful for the fact the God made a way for me! He sent His Son Jesus Christ to be the bridge and access to being cleansed, made righteous and whole! Hallelujah! Our God is such a wonderful, majestic, and holy, Creator! Oh how His love never fails and His plan works out perfectly, always bringing Him GLORY!!! Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty!!! I can't wait to be able to shout these words in declaration at the feet of His throne someday bowing with all of His creation in wonder and in awe!




No comments:

Post a Comment