Saturday, June 23, 2012

Waiting...

The Lord has just been reminding me of verses left and right! I am so thankful for Him and His Word! I was just reminded of Romans 8:25 which says, "But if we HOPE for what we do not see, we WAIT for it with patience."  Whew, I'll tell ya what, I am so glad that the Lord reminded me of this verse. I think that I have gotten the message that I have to wait. For how long? I don't know. For days, months, years even? I am not sure. But, I have been given a peace, ya know that kind that surpasses all understanding, that everything is gonna be alright. So, I think I've got the waiting thing down pat. Not saying I'm doing a good job of it, or being patient at all, but that I am aware that what God wants me to do right now is wait. The hope part is where I am lacking.

Why do I not have hope that the Lord would finish the good work He has started in me? Why do I not have hope that He is faithful and His word is true? Why do I not have hope that His will and timing is perfect in all things? Why do I not have hope that He is my Portion and more than all I need? I pray that the Lord would enable me to have HOPE in Him, His promises, His timing, His word, and His love.

I was reading a friends older blog entries of her first trip to Cambodia. She was talking about how she was trying to understand what hope actually meant. She described her experiences in the village and the poverty she was witnessing and how she was so broken for this lost nation. She then went on to describe how she could still see God's light among all the darkness surrounding this nation's horrifying past and  the presence of idol worship. She told a story of how when the people of the village would get deathly ill, despite their commitment to false gods, that they knew the only TRUE God of healing was Christ.

It made me also ponder on what the true meaning of hope is, and I have come to this conclusion for myself; Hope is believing that anything is possible with Christ whenever the odds seem impossible. This guy can walk on water, raise the dead, and defeated death Himself. If there is anyone or anything I could ever have HOPE in, it is the POWER of JESUS CHRIST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment