Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Psalm 37:4

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."


My heart has such a longing right now. I so long to be in Cambodia at AGHO surrounded by His children. If I could somehow snap my fingers and be there this instant I would. When I look at pictures of their joyful faces I almost tear up every time. How I wish I could be holding them now, hugging them, playing with them, speaking broken Khmer with them! I just can't get past this right now! I am kept awake at night thinking of these children. Their faces have already been engraved into my memory. I just pray that the Lord would show Himself to these children everyday so they can bask in His beautiful presence. 


Lately, I've been thinking about Heaven a lot whenever I worship or pray. I imagine myself on my knees in worship at the throne of Christ looking at all the Elders as they also bow at His feet and seeing the strange creatures at His throne! I picture myself bowing down and crying, "Holy, Holy, Holy!" along with all the others in Heaven. I cannot wait to be there and do this for the rest of eternity. For some reason, I imagine all of those little children  in Cambodia doing the same thing in reverence to their King!


Oh precious Lord, I humble myself and wait patiently for your mighty hand to work! I know my God is the Author of Salvation, the Redeemer, Comforter, Shepard, Provider, and Sustainer! He has instilled this longing in my heart for Cambodia and I know He will fulfill this desire He has given me! 


I am so thankful for this journey the Lord is taking me on right now. He has put so many wonderful people in my life who are praying for me and this mission! I am so humbled at the thought that He loves me! He loves ME! The thought still is incomprehensible at times. I am so blessed to be called His daughter! How blessed am I that He would reveal the desire to love Cambodia? I have often been thinking and question just why He has called me to this, and why me? I know that He will equip me in everything I need to carry out His sovereign will, but sometimes I still cannot fathom how this will be.


I hadn't heard the story of David and Goliath in a long time until Sunday. I was reminded that the battle has already been won! I can't help but put myself in David's shoes here lately. I look at my current situation and I think to myself how in the world is this going to happen? How in the world am I going to Cambodia? But, I know that if wee little David can defeat his giant, than My God can certainly defeat anything that stands in my way of doing what I know wholeheartedly the Holy Spirit told me to do. I know that "all things are possible with God!"


Please continue to pray that the Lord would provide financially and make a way to Cambodia!


Love,


Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment