Monday, December 31, 2012

A Reflection and a Glance into a Promising Future

Wow. What a year 2012 has been! It was in January, 12 months ago, that the Lord placed Cambodia on my heart. I was shocked, scared, and thought I was going crazy. Little did I know the joy that would come with following the Lord's command.

This year has brought upon so many changes, probably the most changes I've experienced in my lifetime. And, even so, there are many more to come with 2013. I have gained so much and been truly blessed by the Body of Christ at both of the churches I attend, one at home, and one when I'm at school. I have never seen others so confident in something that I was doubtful of, but with Christ, all things are possible.

I would have to say that being able to fulfill what the Lord asked of me is quite rewarding. This is NOT to say that it has been easy, in fact I would say it was harder than ever. My faith has been stretched to a point I never thought it would be. I think back to my short time in Cambodia and what an impact it made on my life and how the Lord showed me so much through the children at AGHO.

I have such a desire and longing to be back there with my arms wrapped around those children. They are all so brave and I know that the Lord is preparing them to help a new generation in Cambodia rise up to defeat the enemy and bring joy back to this country.

I pray I will be able to return this summer. I also pray that the Lord would make it clear to me on what I should do next with this task He has given me. Please pray :)

No comments:

Post a Comment